Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Meeting Mike Huckabee Nov 15, 2009 Borders Books




The last time I met Huck I arrived late and stood for two hours in a line moving like a snail. This time I arrived two hours early, took a seat on the floor between two other ladies where we chatted until Huck arrived. When I came to the table where books were being signed (A Simple Christmas) I told Huck I had met him the last time he came to Borders at Pier Park, then I laid down one of my Heart of a Hawk bookmarks and ask him if he remembered...He responed with wide eyes and placed his hand on his heart and told me he remembered and how much Patrick's story meant to him and his family. Huck had sent us a letter last December telling us the same. The letter is here on the blog. This validates for us that our willingness to share our "dysfunctional family" and Patrick's life from rebellious surfer and snowboarder to the "unlikely" war hero is a story that others connect with.

No comments: