Monday, March 1, 2010

Thank you for your comments!

I want to thank Jan P and Kathy W for sending me wonderful comments regarding Saturdays retreat at First Presbyterian Church in Lynn Haven. Your words validate for me that I am doing what I believe God has led me to do. I thank Him for allowing me to share my family journey, testimony, and faith while sharing laughter and fellowship.

From Jan P: Dear Deborah, thank you so much for your presentation at First Presbyterian Church in Lynn Haven. I must admit I was shamed into going by a friend and am I ever so glad that she did that. I needed to hear the presentation and participate. It brought me moments of special joy when I heard Patricia speak of her son, Drew who I work with. You are an amazing woman. Thank you for all you are doing!

From Kathy W: All I can say is ...WOW!
What a wonderful weekend and blessing I received from you! That was all everyone kept talking about at church. Plus, there are some "God Things" that happened on Saturday that different people shared with me. I was just overwhelmed and then to come in and share it all with my coworkers was like living it again!

I want to also thank Kathy Welsh for sharing with the group that since she read my book Heart of a Hawk and getting to know Patrick, she will never again look at a man or woman in uniform in the same way as she did before. This brought tears to my eyes as this validated, once again, that writing and sharing our family story and Pat's life as a once rebellious son turned honorable U.S. Army Cavalry Scout was God's will.

No comments: