Friday, March 19, 2010

What Piglet Says First Thing in the Morning....


From Piglet & Winnie the Pooh:


"When you wake up in the morning Pooh," said Piglet, "What's the first thing you say to yourself?"

"What's for breakfast?" said Pooh.

"What do you say, Piglet."

"I say, I wonder what's going to happen exciting today?" said Piglet.

Pooh nooded thoughtfully. "It's the same thing," he said.


Don't you just love Piglet & Pooh! They do have such wisdom to offer!

If you've never become acquainted with the motivational books, The Taoh of Pooh or Te of Piglet I recommend them. On some of my most difficult days, I've found smiles and inspiration through these two characters.


But for now, here's my thought to share today:


Good morning, Dad! (hope you don't mind, but Dad just sounds so much more personal than "Heavenly Father!)


First TGIF! Thank you for another renewed day, this one with more sunshine here at the beach and I hope in other places.!


Fill me with joy just because I know you have this day already managed including my journey with something exciting.


I know you'll be beside me for any moments of difficulty, including the cranky obnoxious person I may come in contact with, or for those of us here at the beach, deliver us from the rude obnoxious rantings of your young people called Spring Breakers who often try to break our ear drums with loud "everything!" Gotta love 'em! They are still so "misguided" in much! Give us patience! As we give thanks for blessings in our community with their dollars (even though they lack a lot of sense at times!) But most of all, give their parents strength and courage as they don't know all that their lovely children may be up to! And most of all, let lessons be learned from negatives that may befall these young people.


And again for me, I know I'll learn something from each experience I encounter today, even if I don't particularly like all that crosses my path, because just as flowers have to receive manure for fertilizer to assist their growth and become beautiful, so must I be sprinkled with unpleasantness at times so I can grow as a human being that makes honorable contributions to the lives of those I encounter and society in general.


Over all, I know if I let go and let You walk in front of me, all will go well because I'm trusting you for each and every word from my mouth and each step I take to present myself when I meet other of your children today whether that be strangers, clients, friends or family.

So, thanks ahead of time for all you're going to show me today!

Love, your daughter (s) and (sons)

No comments: